Deadline for Application: 1st September 2008
CENTRA participates at the PASC - Particle Astrophysics and Cosmology Program at the IST
Together with LIP(Laboratório de Instrumentação e Física de Partículas) and CFTP (Centro de Física Teórica de Partículas) we have joined efforts in order to increase the number and variety of courses and post-graduate studies of Physics Engineering in Particle, Astrophysics and Cosmology, at the level of Master of Science (2nd Bologna cycle) and Ph.D. (3rd Bologna cycle).
The scientific institutions participating at the PASC graduation program assume the responsibility of :
- insuring that their member teacher-professors are available to lecture
all necessary courses of the 2nd cycle (Master) and 3rd Bologna (PhD)
cycle in the PASC areas, and give the necessary tutorial support to the
- providing Master's and PhD degree thesis in their research areas and
guaranteeing the subsequent supervision of the scientific activity involved;
- giving financial support (scholarships) to the same students who want
to graduate in the PASC areas.
The rules and deadlines for all applications concerning the 2nd cycle (Master's) cycle are determined by IST the Regulation:
More information is available here
Deadline in 2008: 1 September of 2008
Previous MsC thesis in CENTRA:
- A. M. Valadares, “ A relatividade restrita no Ensino Secundário, uma estratégia: fundamentos e viabilidade”, Universidade Aberta, 2005. Supervisor: J. Dias de Deus.
- B. C. da Costa Rodrigues, “ O Ensino da astrofísica no 3º Ciclo do Ensino Básico”, Universidade do Algarve, 2006. Supervisor: P. Sá.
- T. I. do Carmo, “Cosmologia e Astrofísica no Ensino Secundário”, Universidade do Algarve, 2006. Supervisor: P. Sá.
- O. Santos, “ Sismologia: Um projecto interdisciplinar no Ensino da Física”, Universidade do Algarve, 2003. Supervisor: R. Potting.
- R. Ferreira, “Modelação computacional no Ensino da Física”, Universidade do Algarve, 2004. Supervisor: R. Potting.
- M. Rodrigues, “O impacto da internet para aprendizagem da Física”, Universidade do Algarve, 2004. Supervisor: R. Potting.
Last Updated on Monday, 28 July 2008 21:59